Once you have given your home a thorough
top-to-bottom cleaning, your next priority will be to reorganize and declutter. Eliminating clutter
is a part of comprehensive process known as
home staging which utilizes several different methods to maximize a home’s aesthetic
appeal, thereby attracting as many buyers as possible and increasing its
Decluttering Can Make Your Home Appear Spacious
One of the biggest reasons people give for moving out of their current
home is a need for additional space. As such, you need to make your home
look as spacious as you can in order to make it look inviting. If a potential
buyer comes to look at your home and sees that you appear to be running
out of available space, they may decide to look elsewhere.
Reorganization does exactly that. By eliminating clutter and junk, buyers
will be able to see the true value of your home and imagine themselves
living in it. In addition, decluttering allows you to attract buyers’
focus to your property’s strengths rather than highlighting its
weaknesses. Rather than being distracted by your personal items, buyers
will instead be able to focus on your home’s actual size and features,
giving you the advantage.
Where Do You Start?
Decluttering can at first seem daunting – after all, you are still
living in your home and will likely still need to use your things. Think
of reorganizing as a more of a selective pruning of distractions rather
than a major exodus of all of your belongings from your home. As always,
it is important you follow the rule of three piles – one to keep,
one to donate, and one to throw away.
Some tips for decluttering room by room include:
- Clear counters of small appliances
- Store items you can live without until after the move
- Put towels and potholders in doors instead of hanging from the oven handle
- Bundle television and computer cables so they are not hanging all over the place
- Put sponges and cleaners in a bowl under the sink
- Find a temporary home for jewelry, perfume, and toiletries
- Pack or throw away all but three sets of linens to create an airy look
in your closets
- Remove all evidence of pest problems, such as ant powder
- Keep only a few family photographs on display
- Clear out stacks of magazines and books
- Eliminate all but a few tasteful pieces of artwork
- If you have children, put their toys in an easy to collect area, such as a basket
Selling Property in Santa Clarita
Putting your house on the market does not have to be a confusing and stressful
endeavor. If you are looking to
sell your home in Santa Clarita, Real Estate Agent Dippy Chhina can provide the steadfast guidance and
knowledgeable support you need to eliminate the guesswork and achieve
the best selling price possible.
To find out more about
why so many clients love her, call (661) 441-3304 or
contact her office online today and discuss you real estate needs in detail.